The front of the pillow is made of pink and yellow stripes (stripes are the trend in 2016) and black and white triangles. The back is made of white 100% wool felt. The pillow closes at the back with two vintage buttons.
Excluding inner pillow (this can be ordered as an accompanying product).
size: 50 x 50 cm, 20 x 20 in
Handmade in the studio of How about Frankie
For the pillows of How about Frankie, I use 100% wool felt, but why would I do that? Felt has various qualities. From cheap synthetic felt, possibly with a small percentage of wool, to felt of the best quality 100% wool felt. Besides the big difference in quality, there is a big price difference between the various types of felt. For the pillows of How about Frankie I only use the best quality and I consciously choose to use only 100% guaranteed wool felt.
The benefits of 100% wool felt at a glance:
- The wool felt is made of pure new wool from South American sheep breeds
- The wool is produced in Europe
- Wool felt is a natural material
- Wool felt is sustainable and fully recyclable
- Wool felt is a high quality material
- Wool felt is safe for children
- Wool felt is flame-resistant and heat and sound insulated
- The felt is colored with dyes which meet the EN 71, articles 1,2, and 3 guidelines.
Wash the pillow cover inside out in the washing machine on a short and cold wool program.
The wool of which the pillows are made, can in the course of time go “pilling”, this is quite normal. Using scissors to cut these little bobbles off is easy.